- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place milk and bread crumbs in separate, shallow bowls. In skillet, heat butter or margarine to medium heat. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with crumbs. Cook in butter or margarine, on both sides, until golden brown. Transfer to 350 degree oven and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes, or until done.
- Fry prosciutto slices in the same skillet until crisp. Remove to paper towel and pat off excess grease.
- Add broth to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in cream; boil and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat.
- Add Parmesan cheese, crumbled prosciutto, basil and pepper. Stir sauce and cook until heated through. Pour mixture over chicken and serve.