Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hashbrown Casserole

You may not know this about my husband... but the man can cook. He doesn't really LIKE to, but when push comes to shove he does alright by me in the kitchen. He has been dying for a hash brown casserole for years but I've never made one [I know, bad wife]. It's always seemed like so much food to make for just the two of us [heaven forbid I cut the recipe in half]. As Easter approached this year and I was still stuck on bed rest and nine months pregnant, the cooking was left up to him. I had pinned about ten versions of this recipe on Pinterest and he found one in the paper that sounded good so they all kind of got smooshed together into one pan of deliciousness. Ten points for the husband today... and not only did he make this casserole, he made me angel food cake as well. I married a good man.


Ingredients:

1 (32 oz.) shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
16 oz. sour cream
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup melted butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups corn flakes, crushed
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, mix sour cream, soup, and salt and pepper together. Add in cheese and hash browns and mix well. Spoon into 9x13 baking dish.

Melt butter and add to corn flakes; mix. Spread cornflakes over top of hash brown mixture.

Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment