Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Chicken Marsala




I have a single regret about this recipe... and that is that I cannot for the life of me figure out where I found it. I *think* it came from Cuisine at Home magazine but I can't prove it to save my life. My mom and I made it when my parents were up visiting AGES ago and I fell in love. Now, every time they come up I try to throw this on the menu and every time it's amazing. I love any Chicken Marsala and I have several variations on this website but THIS is the ultimate one.

Ingredients:

1 pkg. refrigerated cheese ravioli
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
¼ cup all purpose flour
4 oz. prosciutto, chopped
½ lb. button mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp. shallots, minced
½ cup dry marsala
¾ cup chicken broth
2 tbsp. fresh minced sage
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the ravioli. Cook ravioli according to pasta directions; drain and set aside.

Coat seasoned chicken in flour. Sauté in 3 tbsp. oil in a large pan over medium-high heat until brown, 5 minutes. Add prosciutto and cook one minute. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.

Sauté mushrooms in 2 tbsp. oil in the same pan over medium-high heat until brown, 3 minutes. Add shallots and cook 1 minute. Deglaze with marsala, scraping up the bits from the bottom of the pan; simmer until liquid is nearly evaporated. Stir in the broth, chicken mixture, cooked ravioli, and sage. Simmer until heated through. Finish with butter, parsley, salt, and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment