Thursday, May 31, 2012

Derek's Lettuce Wraps

 A few weeks ago, while my parents were visiting, Derek surprised us all and made lettuce wraps from scratch. We had some leftover pork tenderloin and he managed to rummage through the fridge and pull together an amazing meal on a whim. We all agreed that it was far better that the lettuce wraps that we always get at P.F. Changs and begged him to write down the recipe. Being the man that he is, he didn't write it down and I feared that it may be lost forever. So, when I pulled some pork tenderloin out of the freezer yesterday and marinated it in pineapple-teriyaki sauce I had secret hopes that I could convince the hubs to work his magic again. He called me on it as soon as he saw what I was making and I warned him that I was going to 'chef-stalk' him while he cooked so I could write up this recipe.

A quick side note, this has wound up being our 'round two recipe' - meaning we're using cooked, left over pork tenderloin. If you don't have left over pork, you could cube it and cook it in the skillet prior to adding the veggies but this is a great way to use up left over  meat.


Ingredients:

1 cooked pork tenderloin, cubed
1 1/2 cups corn
3-5 large asparagus
1/4 cup mushroom caps
1 small bell pepper
1 tbsp. BBQ sauce
1/4 cup Yoshidas sauce
1/4 water
1 head iceberg lettuce

Directions:

In a large, nonstick skillet combine chopped pork, asparagus, mushrooms, and pepper into small chunks; add corn. Add BBQ sauce and Yoshidas and cook over medium heat for 18 minutes; after first five minutes check sauce consistency and flavor; add water as needed. Simmer until sauce is absorbed and vegetables are tender. Serve with iceberg lettuce leaves. Wrap and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment