Friday, July 6, 2012

Independence Sangria

This was my first attempt at making sangria and I have to say [oh, so modestly] it is the BEST sangria in the entire universe. That's right... I said it. I found the recipe on Pinterest [of course] but added my own special touch. Be careful... it goes down easy!!
I swear, I'm just gathering ingredients... :)


The finished product...
What I look like after a few glasses...
Ingredients:
  • Strawberries, sliced
  • Blueberries
  • Pineapple, cut into star shapes (use a cookie cutter)
  • 2 bottles dry white wine (I used a 1.5 L bottle of Moscato)
  • 1 cup Triple Sec
  • 1/2 cup berry-flavored vodka (I used Smirnoff Strawberry)
  • 1/4 cup grenadine
  • 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup simple syrup*
Combine the ingredients in a large pitcher and stir. Chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours. Add a splash of Ginger Ale just before serving.

*To make the simple syrup, simple combine 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar and heat to boiling. Once the mixture turns clear, remove from heat, cool, and add to sangria.

No comments:

Post a Comment