Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chicken Piccata Re-Do...

I was trying to make Chicken Piccata the other night and after getting started I realized I was out of capers, which makes the whole meal for me. I wanted to try something that would give the meal some of the tangy flavor that the capers give off so here's what I ended up doing and it was AWESOME...

Breading Ingredients:

1 cup flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)
2 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp. stone ground dijon mustard
2 cups Panko bread crumbs

Directions:

Mix eggs and mustard together (this is the FANTASTICAL part)
Dredge chicken breasts in flour, then egg and mustard mixture, then in Panko.
Fry in oil until cooked through. During the last few minutes off cooking, deglaze pan with white wine and add the zest and juice of one fresh lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment